Friday, August 28, 2009

Toll House Pie Recipe

Happy Friday, everyone!!  I’m going to be participating in Colleen’s (andbabymakesfive) Back-to-School Recipe Pool on Fridays.

Today I want to share a recipe for Toll House Pie.  It’s wonderful served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or, if you’re a mocha lover, try a scoop of coffee ice cream!!  YUMMO!!!

This is a picture of the pie that my son, Justin, baked in the spring for one of his final projects in“Creative Cooking” class.  He did pretty good, didn’t he?

IMG_0868

Toll House Pie

  • 2 eggs
  • 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. butter, melted
  • 1 (6 oz.) pkg. chocolate chips
  • 1 c. chopped walnuts
  • 9” pie crust, unbaked  (I use Pillsbury All-Ready
    pie crust

Preheat oven 325 degrees.

In a large bowl, beat eggs until foamy.  Add flour, sugar and brown sugar.  Blend in butter.  Stir in chocolate chips and walnuts.

Pour into unbaked pie crust.  Bake for 55-60 minutes.

Serve warm with whip cream or ice cream.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

To see who else is participating in this fun idea, visit Colleen’s blog, And Baby Makes Five.

Until Next time . . . .Kris

 

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness Kris this looks scrumptious!!!!!My family will love this. Thank you!!!! Hugs, Loretta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much.....I had some how misplaced this recipe .....it was well liked and I made it often....It is YUMMO!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kris,
    Thanks so much. We will love this ~ maybe tonight?
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, yes ... we'll definitely be giving this one a try, Kris! What's not to like?

    Thanks so much for participating in the recipe pool. I'm so glad you did and I look forward to your next contribution.

    Have a wonderful weekend! We're back to school on Monday. HOw about you???

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks yummy. Does this have more of a consistency like a cake or a cookie then a pie? I think I will have to print this recipe. Thanks :0)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kris, I'm definitely trying this....thanks for sharing....looks wonderful1

    Have a great day!
    Tammy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my blog and will visit again. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin