Wednesday, February 8, 2012

My Hubby Has An Addiction!!

. . . . . .to candles that is!!

Whenever we go to a prim shop, he's always heading over to the candle section and picking them up to smell.  (Yes, ladies, he likes going with me to shop for prims and antiques!)  We almost always come home with a new candle or two!!  And because of his addiction, I have an overabundance of them, which led to the dilemma of running out of space to put all of them!  (You can only burn so many and they last for quite a while!)  Here is a picture of SOME of them!  I had already thrown out a few, plus boxed up some that I plan to sell in a garage sale this spring.  I got rid of quite a few more after I took this photo.




I had them stored in the bottom of a cupboard in my Living Room, but it got to the point where I just couldn't fit any more in.  It was so bad that I feared opening the door. . . . afraid that they would all come tumbling out on me!  So what does a person do to solve the problem?  Build a bigger cupboard, of course!  Although, holding a firm grip on my hubby in the store would help, too!  lol

Here is a sneak peak of the new cupboard we made. 



See. . . . plenty of room!  Shhh!!  Don't tell my hubby, though. . . . he'll want to go out and buy more!!  lol

And here is a peek at the top. . . . .



I'm share more photos later.  I still have some tweaking to do and I'm waiting for something that I won on ebay that I'm SO excited about!  I can't wait to share it with you!  And you will never believe the deal I got!!!   ♪ ♫ You'll just have to wait and see. . . . .!!  ♪ ♫

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Each year our local chapter of the Red Cross holds an event called, "For The Love of Chocolate".  It's held the first Saturday in February and attracts vendors of all venues....independent/store bakeries, politicians, small businesses, charity organizations, restaurants, ....you name it, they're there!  And they all bring one thing in common......CHOCOLATE!!  You can't go wrong there!!  You purchase tickets for either $7.00 for 5 treats or $12.00 for 10.  Of course, you have to make the rounds to see who has the best samples, first, before you decide which goody is worthy of a punch on your ticket!  Hubby goes to whoever has the largest piece!  lol  (After looking at this photo, it looks like I hit the same ones!)

Hee are a few of the goodies that we brought home (minus a couple that we indulged in while there!)


It really is a fun outing.  They hold raffles and various drawings, have a game area called "Candyland" set up for the kids to enjoy, and sell other food items such as pizza and hotdogs for those who don't want to overindulge in so much chocolate.  (Never heard of such a thing, myself! lol)  You can enjoy eating your treats as you walk around visiting the vendors, or you can sit and socialize at one of the many tables and chairs set up or just take your goodies home with you.  Whatever you choose, it's all for a good cause!  We look forward to it every year! 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Until Next Time . . . . Kris

16 comments:

  1. Holy Cow all of those candles..I thought I hoarded candles..Nice selection..Maybe ya can sell them on your blog site..Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Kris, don't throw those candles out!! They are perfect for waxing, haha! Every year, I scour garage sales for old, used up candles to throw in my wax bucket. They work perfect for all the waxing that I do... icicles, plastic fruit, eggs, making grubby candles, just anything I can get my hands on! I cringe when you say you threw candles away, lol! Anyway, you have a very nice selection and the cupboard you needed to store them all in is beautiful! Love the pewter on the shelves.

    Who wouldn't like an event like that?! Hearing about all that chocolate and seeing that delicious chocolate makes me crave CHOCOLATE! =]

    Have a great week~

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSER!! That is a lot of candles!Love the new cupboard and the displays! Can't wait to see what you won!! I have gotten some good deals lately - a gorgeous pewter pitcher and a great yellow ware mold - yup - changed my mind and got it!! Thank you!

    Big hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Oh I have a candle addiction too..I can't help it...I burn probably 3 a week till gone. Mine are all a spicy homey scent.
    Have a good night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, That's a crazy amount of candles. Love the cabinet.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kris! Your cupboard looks wonderful in the sneak peek. Can't wait to see it all, you tease! Looking forward to seeing your new Ebay win, too. That chocolate raffle sounds (and looks) great. Chocolate is my favorite and like you, can't imagine not wanting to over indulge in it! I have a cupboard full of candles, too, but Hubby didn't buy a one of them.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the new cupboard and the pewter display too. Could you please share a picture of it in full, it look awesome. That is what I called a whole batch, LOL. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy Cats ~ That's a lot of candles!
    Beautiful cupboard!
    Yum ~ Now I have to go raid the candy jar!
    Prim Blessings
    robin

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!! That's a lot of candles! I think you may want to put blinders on hubby next time you go to a prim shop!! :) Would love to see the ENTIRE cupboard--what I saw looks great!
    Jan

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Kris I wish I could say Ray enjoyed my love of prim/colonial shopping. You are one lucky lady! Wow that's a lot of candles. The room must smell heavenly! Okay I am ♥LOVING♥ your beautiful new cupboard and your pewter collection makes my heart race!!!! I can't wait to see what you won on Ebay! Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kris, I have to admit my addiction candles might be worse than your hubby. Mine likes to say if our house ever caught on fire that it would burn for days because my stash

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love that cupboard Kris and your pewter is wonderful.
    Can't wait to see more pics.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. ok, that picture of the top of the cupboard, is so beautifully decorated, I had to pin it on Pinterest. That is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Kris!...I too am a candleaholic...had to buy a piece of furniture several years ago to house them all...so your hubs is not alone in his addiction, LOL...love that cupboard you two have made and your display is beautiful!...and all that chocolate stuff looks mighty yummy!!

    Have a great weekend!
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kris ~ I too have an addiction, luv'em, but find it hard to not purchase or to discard any of them. What a GORGEOUS Cupboard...so dark and rich; wonderfully displayed too. Perfect addition to your Beautiful home.

    Gosh, those are 2 nice trays of Pretty Chocolates. MMMM, I would LOVE to have attended this event.

    I will certainly be back to see your new winnings and the full view of your (DH's) new cupboard.

    Hugs, <3
    Marlene

    ReplyDelete
  16. Such a nice collection it is too!! I am a very visual person, your new cupboard is wonderful and I think having them on display will help him remember how many he has and which ones too!! You can't have to many of something you enjoy.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. I hope you enjoyed my blog and will visit again. Have a great day!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin